Presentations: July 30, 2021
LEAGUE CITY – CITY COUNCIL POWERPOINT – select SLIDE SHOW, then FROM BEGINNING to play with animation on your computer. Just “left click” thru with your mouse.
LEAGUE CITY – CITY COUNCIL PDF – will not play animation; printable
Axis Point has developed more lots on the waterfront in Clear Lake than any other developer. TownHarbour Estates is a continuation of the Axis Point tradition of sensitive coastal waterfront development.
With a profound commitment to quality coastal development, TownHarbour is envisioned to be the preeminent marina and canal waterfront community between Florida and Mexico. The immensely livable TownHarbour Estates community will have Town Marina (private marina for boats up to 55′) and the 1,900′ x 100′ spacious Grand Canal for mariners of all classes. The Estate Lots will be 220′ deep and overlook the protected Town Marina with an expansive, full view of Clear Lake. Homes on the Grand Canal will be on large 145′ deep lots and accommodate boats up to 45′. The 43 off-water Marina Lots will have full access to Town Marina for boating of all kinds. In addition to Town Marina and Grand Canal, TownHarbour will have five parks making it an iconic, gated waterfront community.
TownHarbour will anchor what is by most metrics the second or third largest residential boating community in the United States.
See the below video: Clear Lake Marinas.:
Clear Lake and Galveston Bay are the largest salt-water oriented recreation areas in Texas and the third largest boating community in the U.S. Perfectly located within that area, TownHarbour will be adjacent to South Shore Harbour, on the preferred side of Clear Lake with convenient commercial amenities and just a few minutes drive from the Kemah waterfront entertainment and boating center. The area is also roughly equidistant to both the Galveston recreation/employment market and the Houston CBD and Medical Center.
LAST DEVELOPABLE WATERFRONT
With the exception of the TownHarbour site, the Clear Lake waterfront has been fully developed for single-family residential use. TownHarbour will be the last major waterfront community to be built on Clear Lake; there are literally no other sites available for development.
THE PERFECT SITE PLAN
WATERFRONT HOMES: All 61 watefront homes will be 2′ above the flood plain, conventional slab on grade. Each home will be on a new 28′ concrete street with no backyard neighbors. As the lots will be filled to 15.25′ above MSL, they will provide excellent storm protection for the homes, the Town Marina and the Grand Canal. Town Marina will be fully protected with a bulkhead reinforced by a 4.5′ natural ground barrier.
Additionally, 31 off-water Marina Homes will be built inside the gated community with full access to the marinas for their boats up to 55′ in length. At the entrance on Lakeside Drive, 12 off-water Marina Homes will be built just outside the gates on land filled to allow the homes to be 2′ above the flood plain. These Marina Homes will provide an enhanced, attractive introduction to the 92 gated homes. They will be located on Lakeside Drive which we will be rebuilt as a 32′ to 36′ wide concrete curb and gutter street.
See the video below: “A Perfectly Designed Community For Deep Water Mariners”
THE PREMIUM WATERFRONT COMMUNITY ON CLEAR LAKE
TownHarbour Estates will be the premium waterfront community for sailing and powerboats on the Gulf Coast between Florida and Mexico.
LARGE LOTS AND YACHTS: The 61 waterfront lots with depths from 145′ to 220′ will have 60′ or 70’ of private bulkhead waterfront. Clear Lake Estate homes slips will allow up to 55′ yachts and Grand Canal homes will accommodate up to 45′ boats.
TOWN MARINA AND GRAND CANAL: The Grand Canal, Town Marina and access to Clear Creek Channel will be 8’deep, making Townharbour the deepest port community on Clear Lake and on Galveston Bay. The deep-water Town Marina will accommodate 55′ yachts on all Clear Lake view Estate Homes as well as slips of all sizes up to 65′ for all homeowners in TownHarbour. The Grand Canal will be a spacious 100′ wide, half again wider than typical residential canals. Homes on the Grand Canal will have private 60′ or 70′ bulkheads for boat houses with sunset viewing decks or slips for up to 45′ vessels.
The TownHarbour Grand Canal is flawlessly designed for yachtsmen, perfect in every way and completely unique among waterfront boating communities.
FLAWED CUSTOM HOME BUILDER AND DESIGN STRATEGY OF PREVIOUS WATERFRONT COMMUNITIES:
FLAWED CANAL DESIGNS: All existing canal waterfront communities suffer from design flaws such as shallow water and narrow widths or obstructions such as overhead power lines or low bridges. Some have large easements seriously restricting access to the waterfront. These all negatively impact navigation and the desirability of the home sites which clearly reduces demand and absorption rates
View the below video: “Clear Lake Canal and Marina Home Communities”
Click Image to Review
TOWNHARBOUR, PERFECTLY DESIGNED FOR DEEP WATER MARINERS
Unlike other existing waterfront communities, which all suffer from serious design flaws, the advantages for large lot homeowners on the TownHarbour Grand Canal are:
- Town Marina has deep water, allows boats up to 65′ and has a strong 4.5′ earth reinforced protective bulkhead.
- unusually wide fairways in a 100’ wide canal provide large boat navigation and expansive vistas
- every waterfront home has direct water access for convenient backyard boating
- no expensive long piers to reach deep water are required to be built or maintained
- no bridge, power lines or easement issues are hindrances to navigation
- the Grand Canal is not subject to the perils of large open water heavy wave action
- ample room behind each home for a boathouse and multiple boats
TownHarbour Estates Deep Water Canal
Metro Houston’s Clear Lake is the 3rd largest boating community in the U.S., with the 2nd largest number of marina slips in the U.S.
The marinas are filled with sailboats and larger powerboats, while canal home developments exclusively have small to midsize powerboats. Why? Because the canals are too shallow, too narrow, to remote and/or have bridge or power line obstructions prohibiting sailboats and large powerboats.
Unlike every other canal home development, TownHarbour will have a private deep water marina called Town Marina and the 100′ wide Grand Canal with backyard boat slips for every waterfront home.
Marinas on Clear Lake, Houston, Tx
TownHarbour is being built on Metro Houston’s Clear Lake, 45 minutes south of the CBD.
Clear Lake has more major marinas than any other city in the United States. It also has the 2nd largest number of marina slips in the United States and is the 3rd largest yachting community.
8 MAJOR MARINAS: South Shore Harbour, Marina del Sol, Waterford Harbour, Watergate Yachting Center, Portofino, Lafayette Landing, Blue Dolphin Marine and Lakewood Yacht Club.
Canal and Marina Homes on Clear Lake
Clear Lake waterfront living includes 5 large CANAL HOME and 3 large MARINA HOME developments. All five canal home communities have design flaws for mariners. They are either too shallow, too narrow, too far from Galveston Bay or have obstructions such as bridges or power lines.
TownHarbour is perfectly designed for Deep Water Mariners with a 100′ wide canal, a private marina sheltered from storms and no obstructions to navigation.
CANAL HOME COMMUNITIES: Cypress Bay, Peninsula, Seabrook Island, Casa Marina Port and Lake Cove
MARINA HOMES: Waterford Harbour, South Shore Harbour and Marina del Sol
TOWNHARBOUR: Town Marina, Grand Canal, and 104 Home Site:
- Town Marina: The TownHarbour marina will be approximately 640′ wide and 230′ deep and will accommodate 32 slips from 30′ to 65′ in 8′ deep, navigable water.
- Grand Canal: TownHarbour will feature a 1,900′ long and 100′ wide Grand Canal, much wider than typical canal home developments. Homes facing Clear Lake and on the Grand Canal will have 60′ or 70′ private bulkhead space for their powerboats, sailboats, and boathouses, providing true waterfront living.
- 8 Clear Lake View Lots: These premium lots with a north west Clear Lake view will be 60′ wide and 220′ deep with room for large one-story homes if desired, and abundant backyard living area. These lots will have private docking for large boats up to 55′ and be protected by a 4.5′ earth reinforced bulkhead.
- 54 Canal Lots: These lots will be 145’ deep and 60′ or 70’ wide. The large lot depth allows more gentle slopes to the water than is common. These lots will have a private bulkhead the full width of the lot and will accommodate a boathouse (with lifts) and boats up to 45′.
- 43 Off Water Marina Lots: These lots will typically be 60′ wide and up to 135′ deep. All Marina Lots will have complete access to Grand Canal and Town Marina boating. The Lakeside Drive lots will be improved with concrete curb and gutter, widened to 32′, and lined with tall hardwood and palm trees for a grand entrance into the gated community.
- Central Park On The Water: The Central Park will be located on the south end of the Grand Canal. It will have a rock-lined stream and waterfall, a gazebo overlooking the canal, and viewing decks.
- Clear Lake Marina Park: Marina Park will be an arbor covered deck on the marina breakwater, a place of morning coffee and evening “wine down.”
- Seaway Park and Harbour Way Parks: Both lead to breakwater green spaces on Clear Lake, the most perfect view.
- The Commons On Lakeside: A special open space community park called The Commons at the entrance on Lakeside Drive, will offer a large gathering area for the entire community. It will be forested oak trees and butterfly plants.
Aerial View of TownHarbour Site.
TownHarbour is located beside South Shore Harbour fronting on Clear Lake. It’s location on the preferred south shore is adjacent to new commercial amenities being developed.
LEAGUE CITY – CITY COUNCIL POWERPOINT – select SLIDE SHOW, then FROM BEGINNING to play with animation on your computer. Just “left click” thru with your mouse
LEAGUE CITY – CITY COUNCIL PDF – will not play animation; printable